Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not About Religion

There is a small part of me that thinks that what this country needs is more progressive women in politics and that I have the time now in my life to get more involved.  But there are two things I lack that seem to be required: a lot of money and a religion.  I can see the following dialog:

Reporter:  I can see from your Facebook account that you state as your religion "none".  I take it from that that you are not a Christian.

Me: I feel that my religious views should not be part of this campaign.  Do you have other questions for me?

Reporter:  Are you a Muslim or a Jew or an Atheist?

Me: I feel that my religious views should not be part of this campaign.  Do you have other questions for me?

Reporter:  Do you support prayer in the schools?

Me:  People can pray whenever and wherever they want, as long as it doesn't involve innocent bystanders.  It can be a completely private activity.  Do you have other questions for me?

And so on.

And the money thing is a problem, too.  My husband has a job, but I don't.  You can't get elected to anything these days without money.  Sigh.

Guess I will remain an unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment