Thursday, October 09, 2014

Cancelled Jobs

The telephone.  I hate it.  The school districts start calling at 5:00 a.m.  They don't stop calling until 10:00 p.m.  I put up with it, because sitting at the computer, pushing the refresh button every 15 seconds is incredibly boring.  I know there are apps to use that will monitor the postings and notify you that a job has been posted that you are likely to be interested in, but I don't want to be tied to my cell phone, either.  When I am subbing in an afternoon job (which is when most of the new jobs are posted), I feel professionally constrained against checking my phone for jobs.

But the ultimate pain is the cancelled job.  First they call to offer you the job.  Then an hour or a day or even a week later, they call again to cancel the job.  This week, I took two such jobs.  They were each cancelled a day or so later.  Twice as many stupid phone calls; twice as many times listening to the whole repetitive message until you can push the correct buttons to acknowledge the message. 

Even my house guests were sympathetic about the annoyance of the phone calls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment