Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hair Cut

I got my hair cut yesterday and this time, I went back to the inexpensive quick cut store that I had gone to back in August.  When I had been there in August, I knew that they had written down the information about my hair cut and I thought it would be easy now for them to just repeat the same hair cut.

I swim four times a week and, because my hair has just enough wave/curl to it that it manages to dry rather bizarrely, I generally blow dry it at the gym.  I tried growing it really long, so I could just let it dry by itself, but, at my age, long hair looks rather scraggly, so in August, I had had the long hair cut off.  Seven inches of it. 

[Did my husband notice?  No, but that is a topic for a different post.] 

At any rate, I had liked the August cut.  Long enough that I can tuck it behind my ears to get it out of my face, but short enough to turn under in the back.  So, I told the woman cutting my hair that I wanted the same cut that I got in August.  Imagine my surprise, though, when she said that the note about the hair cut in August said "cut 7 inches".  At this point, cutting off seven inches wasn't possible in most places and in others would have left VERY short hair.  Not exactly an appealing hair style - even for one as style-challenged as I am. 

So the question is, why would any hairdresser write "cut 7 inches" as the description for a hair cut?  How is that a helpful annotation?  Don't they usually write the target end product, e.g., ear-length bob?  At any rate, the hairdresser managed to figure out what I wanted and the hair cut is fine. 

I hope she wrote a better annotation than the previous person.  This hair cut cost $17 for me, since I am now a senior citizen.  The salon I went to a couple of years ago cost $85.  My needs are simple - I will stick with the inexpensive hair cut, even if I have to describe it for them each time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment