Saturday, September 20, 2014

Damage to Possessions

They are just things, but when they are damaged, somehow I feel as though I am damaged a little, too.

A couple of days ago, when I was backing out of a parking space, I turned too quickly and backed into another parked car.  I caused about $2000 damage to my car and probably at least that much to his.  It makes me feel very stupid to have done this.  I was careless.  I suppose it happened, in part, because I was very tired, but really, it was just basically stupid. 

The weirdest thing about it, though, is that I feel that, even though it was just my car that was damaged and I am completely fine, I still feel damaged myself.  I feel almost as though the hurt of my car is a physical hurt for me, too.  I am damaged a bit, too - mentally, but almost even bodily.

I am too close to my possessions.   

No comments:

Post a Comment