Sunday, March 21, 2010

Countdown to Australia

I've still got a lot to do before the big trip, but I wanted to test out a few things before I leave. I have been trying to decide if I would blog the trip or just write notes on Facebook and I have decided to try out the blogging. If it is too cumbersome, I will just stick to notes on Facebook.

I leave for Australia early Saturday morning. Fairbanks, Seattle, Los Angeles, then Brisbane. I will lose a day in there somewhere, skipping over Sunday, I think.

A general outline of the trip:
Brisbane: 29 March - 1 April
Staying at B & B: Cream Gables in New Farm. Meeting with Gail Wissemann, if she is available. Getting used to time zone change. Possibly trip to Moreton Island, if I can figure out how to do it.

Sydney: 1 April - 5 April
Staying at Y Hotel Hyde Park. Meeting with Judith Ridge for dinner and WICKED! Harbor cruise, zoo, book store, botanical gardens.

Melbourne: 5 April - 9 April
Staying at Ibis Hotel, 15-22 Therry. RPG Convention with Shaun Hately; tram tour with Shaun - and geocaching.
Bus to visit Gunter and Sigrid Weller, 2 1/2 hours SE of Melbourne for lunch. Back to Melbourne to see Mamma Mia.
Train to Blackburn to visit Lara McDonald and children and tour the Dandelong Ranges; craft shops and tea.

Adelaide: 9 April - 13 April
Staying with Sandy Horne!!!! Impose on her hospitality. Tour of Kangaroo Island 11 April.

Head Home: 13 April
Arrive in Los Angeles BEFORE I leave Brisbane. The joys of crossing the International Date Line.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT trip ahead! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete